Preparing Your Home For Sale
Preparing your home for sale can be one of the most important factors in the selling process. Buyers are astute and educated, the market is very competitive, and if your home shows well, the opportunity of receiving top dollar for your home is possible.
Here are some ways in which you can give your home the right touch it may need to get the best dollar value possible. Repairs inside and out:
- Any plumbing such as leaky faucets
- Broken doors or windows/garage
- Replace any burnt out light fixtures
- Caulking in bathrooms and kitchen
- Paint deficiencies, or small holes
- Tighten railings and hinges
- Power wash walkways
- Trim hedges and lawn
- Clean gutters
- Steam clean carpets
- Bathrooms and kitchen should always be sparkling.
- Keep paper work and clutter off of desks and work areas.
- Store any unnecessary furniture or belongings.
- Organize closets. Yes, they look.
- Keep garage tidy and free of clutter.
- Fresh flowers if possible.
- Try to refrain from using air fresheners, some people are allergic - Fresh air is best.
- Sweep stairs and walkways.
- Allow as much natural light into the home as possible.
- Keep your pets in an isolated area during showings.
- Arrange to be absent during showings and open house.
In the best interest of both seller and buyer, please allow us to help you in any we can. We are licensed and trained in this area and it is our job to make sure all of your questions and concerns have been answered. Let us put our experience to work for you!!